Gluten Free Banana Bread
In my house there is never a shortage of bananas. My littlest child goes through periods of wanting several a day to none at all, so I’ve had to get creative with ways to use them up before they go bad.
This recipe is an old family favorite that started out as a traditional butter and sugar type of bread. Over the years, as family members have developed food sensitivities and digestive issues, I’ve experimented with adapting it to suit everyone’s need but maintain the taste we grew up with.
This recipe can go either way, if your family doesn’t have any specific issues you can certainly go the butter and sugar route but this recipe is so good, they might not even notice the swap!
2 cups of Gluten Free Flour*
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Coconut Oil*
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar*
2-3 Ripe Bananas
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl combine flour,baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and add oil, sugar and eggs Mix together until well blended. Stir Banana mixture into the flour until combined.
- Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes or until inserted toothpick or cake stick comes out clean
- Let cool for ten minutes, then serve!
*These ingredients can be substituted with traditional options like All Purpose Flour or Butter instead of Oil, Brown Sugar instead of Coconut. **Add 1/3-1/2 cup of desired nuts or sweets for an upgraded treat!